Extended Enterprise Excellence
Stellar! Your score is:
You have a finely honed development machine that delivers your business strategy and crushes your competition. You massively leverage your extended enterprise to dominate your markets.
Specifically you have Extended Enterprise Excellence with the following seven well proven inter-locking components:
- Simple but effective development processes and tools for different categories of project. You capture best practises that have been hard won from previous developments and make sure that they are properly deployed on future developments.
- An empowered but cross-functional core team for undertaking every aspect of the project over its full life cycle. You create team accountability and authority to undertake the job.
- A functional structure that willingly resources the core team including the extended team as the workload ebbs and flows.
- A senior cross-functional, but decisive team that reviews each of the key phases of the project and that makes go/no-go or redirect decisions.
- A properly balanced pipeline of projects that builds the future prosperity of the company, that out-flanks competitors and that wins market leadership. Your developments appropriately address the market, balance risk and ensure profits for today and tomorrow.
- A company strategy that robustly translates into market, platform, product and functional plans.
- An “outside-in” approach that readily encourages customer partnerships and facilitates maximum leverage from your supply chain, customers and partners.
With all these mechanisms working for you, go for higher project value by encouraging and managing risk. According to your technology strategy, go for more ambitious technologies that disrupt your market. Develop more tools that shorten the validation lifecycle and that support more radical designs.
Adopt a validation infrastructure that drives more computer modelling for quickly answering those “what ifs” during the concept phase. However, ensure “left to right thinking” so that your validation models are always under-pinned by reality.
If you would like me to help you develop a custom plan for your organisation, then I would be delighted to provide a 45 minute telephone consultation. During the consultation, 44 minutes will be dedicated to the development of your plan – no pitch or anything like that. Only in the last minute will I offer my services for further help. Is that fair?
However, I can’t help everyone, I tend to specialise on larger technology organisations that are working on multiple projects at a time. If you think this applies to you, then apply for your phone conversation by pressing the button below.
Learn more about Raglan Tribe