One of the three Scottish Intermediary Technology Institutes (ITIs) – ITI Techmedia, wanted to develop Brand Protection technologies to stimulate the Scottish economy in this high growth area.
Mindsheet were chosen to lead the £5.2M Machine Readable Security Taggant project to create a Brand Protection platform, in partnership with Scientific Generics (Sagentia), Plexus and specialist cryptography company Ecebs.
This 21-month project developed a breakthrough platform that enabled innovative system-level solutions for brand protection and product authentication in complex multi-company global supply chains. Mindsheet lead the concept development, systems analysis, development and integration of the MST demonstration system.
Specifically, Mindsheet’s role was to:
- Research the market & business case
- Develop the system concept
- Design and develop the Brand Protection Management and Instrument Configuration Management sub-systems
- System Integrate all the sub-systems
Not only was a revolutionary new Brand Protection system demonstrated, but Mindsheet invented 9 patents in this busy IP space.
Feedback from ITI final contract review report:
- Excellent focus on delivery
- Excellent range of technical skills and expertise, grown to meet programme needs
- Gaining access to key market sector stakeholders to steer programme
Scott Freeborn, MST Programme Manager, ITI Techmedia